Sports & Entertainment Law Section
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 07.22.2014Are State Names Trademarked for Schools?
Ohio State University is suing a T-shirt manufacturer for producing a shirt with "O-H-I-O" on the front. Should state schools be able to trademark the state name?
- 07.15.2014IU Releases Student-Athlete Bill of Rights
Full-ride scholarships for life are one feature of the new IU Student-Athlete Bill of Rights.
- 07.01.2014New Law in Effect on High School Athletes' Head Injuries
A law that took effect today will require coaches and players to follow new protocol when it comes to suspected head injuries and concussions.
- 06.27.2014Join us at the Ballpark!
Join the Sports and Entertainment Law Section on Monday, August 18th as we watch the Indianapolis Indians play the Louisville Bats from The Cove at Victory Field.
- 05.01.2014Center for Intellectual Property Research to Present "Leveraging Creativity"
This timely symposium, to be held Friday, May 16 in Indianapolis, will update you on important trends and topics in copyright law.
- 04.30.2014Spend Fast Friday at the Track with the Sports & Entertainment Law Section
Join the Sports & Entertainment Law Section for Fast Friday on Friday, May 16! FREE tickets for the Crown Royal Suite at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway are available to section members who register no later than May 10.
- 04.17.2014Stokely G. Caldwell Honored with 2014 TRAC Star Award
The Racing Attorney Conference periodically presents its TRAC Star Award, the highest honor that can be bestowed by the program committee. Stokely G. Caldwell was honored at the 2014 conference in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- 03.21.2014Keynote Speaker for TRAC2014 Announced
Kelley Earnhardt Miller, Co-Owner of JR Motorsports, LLC, will serve as the keynote speaker at the Racing Attorneys Conference, which will take place April 8 and 9 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- 03.06.2014Make Your TRAC2014 Hotel Reservation Today
The discounted room rate for TRAC 2014 will expire on March 24.
- 02.19.2014Agenda Unveiled for TRAC 2014
Now in its seventh year, the Racing Attorney Conference (TRAC) will be held April 8 and 9 at the Hyatt Place Charlote Downtown in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- 01.03.2014Save the Date for TRAC 2014!
The Racing Attorneys Conference (TRAC) will take place April 8-9, 2014 in Charlotte, North Carolina.