Solo/Small Firm Practice Section
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 10.16.2014Ready to Strike Out? Make Sure You Strike These Off Your To-Do List First
Before you strike out on your own, there are five things you should do. Check out this post to find out what they are.
- 09.30.2014Business Development Tips and Pointers for Solo and Small Firms
Get resources for developing your practice at any stage. This article has helpful advice for solo and small firm attorneys to grow their business.
- 09.25.2014Daily Habits Build Legal Marketing Plan
What's your game plan for legal marketing? If that question seems insurmountable - start here.
- 09.17.2014Lawyer as Translator: Bridging the Gap Between Client and Lawyer
Clients can't speak legalese. That's why they come to you. But what are you doing to help ease the stress that clients face in foreign territory?
- 09.15.2014Questions Your Website Needs to Answer
An attorney's website can be a powerful marketing tool, and answering these seven questions will help turn visitors into clients.
- 09.10.2014Indiana Supreme Court Reaffirms Separate Indiana Summary Judgment Standard
A unanimous Indiana Supreme Court decision has reaffirmed the Indiana summary judgment standard. Read more in this piece by Arend J. Abel.
- 09.03.2014By the Hour: An Infographic of Attorney Wages
What difference does working for a small firm make compared to working for a large firm? The answer is over a hundred dollars. Read more in this post.
- 08.28.2014Making an Exit: Checklist for Closing a Solo Practice
Whether you plan to close your solo practice now or even much later, having a road map in place will make the transition easier for you, your staff and your clients when the time comes.
- 08.25.2014Interns: Necessary or Not?
Solo and small firms have different needs than other practices. Will hiring an intern be helpful or harmful?
- 08.21.2014New Study Reveals What Makes Lawyers Happy
When it comes to working in the law field, what are the factors that affect attorneys' happiness most? A recent study has the answer.
- 08.12.2014End of Summer Slump? How to Pump Up Your Productivity
These tips on productivity won't make your to-do list any longer. In fact, it will tell you 10 things NOT to do to increase your productivity!
- 08.06.2014Make Your Voice Heard! IndyBar to Host Criminal Justice Complex Forum
Join IndyBar for an open forum on plans for the city's proposed consolidated criminal justice complex.
- 07.29.2014Get a Peek at Google's Playbook to Improve Your Firm's Website
Google evaluates its success based on quality information. This article explains how you can use the same strategy to improve your firm's website.
- 07.21.2014Maximize Meetings at Minimum Length
Meetings are a must in the workplace, but there are easy ways to make them more productive and less time-consuming.
- 07.17.2014Survey Results Say Majority of People Use Yelp to Find Attorneys
Keep your profile up-to-date so that when clients find you on Yelp, you'll stand out above the rest.
- 07.16.2014Make the Most of Your Time at Work
Three common time wasters are zapping productivity at most businesses. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- 07.14.2014The Latest Apps for Lawyers
Here's a break down of the best apps to help attorneys improve their productivity on the go and in the office.
- 06.26.2014Social Media Tips for Lawyers and Firms
Find out how to enhance your law practice and improve client engagement with these social media tips.
- 06.13.2014Save the Date for Surviving & Thriving!
This full-day conference will be held on Thursday, November 20, 2014.
- 05.30.2014Upcoming CLE: Tips to Avoid or Prevent Bankruptcy Issues in Family Law Cases
This presentation will provide you with some basic information about the bankruptcy process, how it intersects with your family law case and how to prepare for the possibility that bankruptcy will be filed once the family law case is finalized.
- 05.08.2014Legal Analytics: The Future of Intelligent Design
Even beyond tracking the numbers of star athletes, statistics can play an important role in guiding law practices toward success--for large and small firms alike.
- 05.02.2014Solo/Small Firm Section Call Out for Firm Open House Events
Showcase your office space and share how you run your practice at the Solo/Small Firm Section's new series of social events for 2014.
- 03.21.2014Upcoming CLE: How to Bill Clients and Collect Your Fees (Ethically)
During this session, speakers will cover the rules you need to know in order to bill and collect from clients, and do so ethically.
- 01.03.2014Polly Weitzman to Chair Solo/Small Firm Practice Section in 2014
Polly Weitzman, an attorney at Russell & Weitzman, began her law career at the Marion County Public Defender Agency.