Solo/Small Firm Practice Section
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 11.16.2015How to Make the Most of Your Online Lawyer Advertising
What can you do to make sure that your online advertisements bring in clients? Find out here.
- 11.02.2015Preparing for the Worst: Solo and Small Firm Disaster Plans
As a solo or small firm, it is important to be prepared for anything, including natural disasters. Find some helpful tips on planning in this article.
- 10.19.2015Update Your Profile Like a Pro
An engaging online bio could be the difference between new clients and lost business. Check out this post for tips on how to brush up your bio to be the most attractive.
- 10.05.2015Five Tips for Family Law Attorneys
Whether you are a new attorney or a seasoned litigator, there are always tips and tricks that you wish someone would have told you before you had to learn them for yourself. Click here for five useful tips.
- 09.23.2015Positions Open for 2016 Solo/Small Firm Practice Section Executive Committee
The IndyBar Solo/Small Firm Practice Section is in the process of selecting its Executive Committee for 2016. Click here for more information.
- 09.23.2015Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers: Mag. Stanley E. Kroh
Check out the sixth installment of Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers, a year-long Q+A series featuring local judicial officers. This entry features Magistrate Stanley E. Kroh of Marion Superior Court.
- 09.16.2015Why You Need to be at the Networking CLE Series
The Indy Attorneys Network Section will be putting on a three-part presentation series that will provide you with the tools and knowledge needed to achieve your networking goals. The first session is coming up on September 24. More info here.
- 09.08.2015August 2015 Meeting Minutes Available
The minutes from the Solo/Small Firm Practice Section Executive Committee's meeting in August 2015 are now available. Click here to view them.
- 09.02.2015Protecting Your Bottom Line - Getting Paid
Check out this article for tips on protecting your bottom line by taking steps to make sure clients pay.
- 08.19.2015Get Involved: Annual Solo/Small Firm Open Meeting is Coming Up
The annual Solo/Small Firm Practice Section open meeting will be held Thursday, September 10 from noon to 1 p.m. Learn more here.
- 07.30.2015Small Firm, Big Money Giveaway
The Solo Small Firm Practice Section announces its new promotional program, the Small Firm, Big Money Giveaway! Each month, one section member will receive a $100 gift card to a local dining establishment. Click here for more information.
- 07.30.2015Be a Mentor with IndyBar's Mentor Connect!
Want to broaden your network, get access to free CLE and contribute meaningfully to improve the Indianapolis bar? Be a mentor with the IndyBar’s Mentor Connect program!
- 07.13.2015Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers: Judge Jose D. Salinas
Check out the fifth installment of Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers, a year-long Q+A series featuring local judicial officers. This entry features Judge Jose D. Salinas of Marion County Superior Court Criminal Court 14.
- 06.30.2015CASA Volunteer Special One-Day Training Session Offered to Attorneys
On Thursday, July 9, Child Advocates will host a one-day training class for attorneys to become a CASA volunteer from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 06.29.201520 Blawggers for Solo/Small Firm Attorneys
Check out this post for 20 "blawgs" that offer helpful guidance for solo/small firm practitioners.
- 06.22.2015Civility Never Goes Out of Style
Clients might expect opposing counsel to be confrontational, but civility breeds success. Read more in this article.
- 06.15.2015How to Start Your Own Law Firm
Whether fresh from law school or transitioning from working for someone else, the decision to hang your own shingle is huge. This post tells you how to get started with your own solo/small firm.
- 06.08.2015Deducting Travel Expenses as a Solo/Small Firm Practitioner
Check out this post for guidance on tax deductible travel expenses when traveling as a solo/small firm practitioner.
- 05.21.2015Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers: Magistrate Jason G. Reyome
Check out the fourth installment of Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers, a year-long Q+A series featuring local judicial officers. This entry features Magistrate Jason G. Reyome of Marion County Superior Court Title IV-D.
- 05.14.2015Office Space for the Solo Attorney
Check out this post for cost-effective ideas for office space when it comes to your own solo practice.
- 04.27.2015Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers: Judge Amy Jones
Check out the third installment of Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers, a year-long Q+A series featuring local judicial officers. This entry features Judge Amy Jones of Marion County Superior Court 8.
- 04.20.2015Recent Law School Graduates - Interested in Launching a Solo Practice?
Check out this post for more information about a new program that helps recent law school graduates launch solo practices.
- 04.14.2015Section Members: Bench Bar Conference 2015 Scholarship Available
The Solo/Small Firm Practice Section is excited to announce the availability of scholarships to attend the 2015 Bench Bar Conference, which will be held June 18-20 at Marriott Downtown in Louisville. Check out this post for more details.
- 04.13.2015How Much Does It Cost to Start Your Own Practice?
Before starting your own firm, it's important to understand how much it will cost in order to have success in the long run. This post has more information for when you're getting started.
- 04.06.2015Tips and Techniques For Getting Clients To Pay
Check out this post for some effective ways to collect fees from clients.
- 03.25.2015Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers: Judge Steven Eichholtz
Check out the second installment of Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers, a year-long Q+A series featuring local judicial officers. This entry features Judge Steven Eichholtz of Marion County Superior Court 8.
- 03.24.2015April CLE and Social are Sure to Be a Good Time!
Don't miss the Solo/Small Firm Practice Section's CLE and social on Monday, April 20. Check out this post for more information and to get registered today!
- 03.17.2015Work-Life Balance in the Solo/Small Practice Field
Balancing work and home life can be difficult. It can be even more difficult in a small or solo practice where you might not have another attorney to help you out when things get hectic. Check out this post for more on this topic.
- 03.02.2015Five Checklists for Increasing Efficiency
Making your practice more efficient is easy - especially after you've read these five tips!
- 02.25.2015Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers: Judge Gary Miller
Check out the first installment of Getting to Know Your Judicial Officers, a year-long Q+A series featuring local judicial officers. This entry features Judge Gary Miller of Marion County Superior Court 3.
- 02.18.2015Solo/Small Firm Attorneys Have the Opportunity for Big Impact
Just because you are not a member of a "big" firm does not mean that you can’t be an active leader in your community. Check out this post to find more ways that you can get involved and make a difference in Indy.
- 02.13.2015Catch Potential Clients in Your Web - Your Website, That Is
Check out this post for tips on how to make your website appealing so that casual browsers turn into future clients.
- 02.12.2015Tax Season for Solo/Small Firm Attorneys
Check out this post for a helpful guide on what is and isn't tax deductible for solo/small firm lawyers.
- 01.29.2015Listen in to Lawpreneur Radio
Check out Lawpreneur Radio, an attorney's podcast, for discussions and advice for solo/small firm attorneys.
- 01.29.2015Six Tips Before You Open Your Own Solo Practice
Take it from an attorney who's been there and check out his six tips before you open your own practice.
- 12.22.2014Prepare for Success with a Succession Plan
Does your solo or small firm have a succession plan in place? Whether you answered yes or no, you'll want to check out this post for advice on the topic.
- 12.05.2014Regret Working Too Hard - or Regret Not Working Hard Enough?
Check out this post to read what many people regret most at the end of their careers: working too hard or not working hard enough.
- 12.02.2014IndyBar Solo/Small Firm Practice Section: Updates & Upcoming Events
Find out what's new with the section and get upcoming events on your calendar with this message from 2015 section chair Jane Glynn.