Senior Counsel Division
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 08.03.2015Using Technology in Legal Practice
Check out this article for insight on embracing technology in legal practice.
- 07.13.2015The Best Time of Day for Getting Work Done
Want to make the most of your time? Check out this article for tips on the best time of day to do everything, from sending email to scheduling meetings.
- 06.29.2015JLAP Offers Care for the Caregiver Virtual Support Group
See this post for more information about a virtual support group offered by JLAP for those caring for the elderly.
- 06.15.2015Five Career Insights for Professionals
Check out this post for five career insights from 81-year old former Vermont governor Madeline Kunin.
- 06.02.2015Law Firms Being Shaped by Corporate Clients
A recent article in The Indiana Lawyer claims that big law firms are being reshaped by corporate clients. Check out this post for more information.
- 05.18.2015Strategic Rest for Success
Check out this post for tips on how to incorporate strategic rest into your intense career for greater success and health overall.
- 05.06.2015Better Business: Bridging the Generation Gap
With multiple generations of employees working together, it's important to bridge the generation gap so that your practice can be as productive as possible. Check out this post for tips.
- 05.05.2015The Talk: The First Step in End-of-Life Healthcare Planning
May is Elder Law Awareness Month. Check out this post for information on how to begin a conversation on end-of-life health care planning with a loved one.
- 04.24.2015Tech-Savvy Lawyers: Four Secrets to Success
Technology is shaping the way the legal field operates. Check out this post for four things tech-savvy attorneys know.
- 04.09.2015Managing Partners and Social Media
Check out this post to find out more about a recent survey that looked at how managing partners manage their online presence.
- 04.02.2015Free CLE Fridays: Secure Retirement Strategy
Don't miss your chance for an hour of free CLE credit with Secure Retirement Strategy, a video replay on Friday, April 24 from noon to 1 p.m.
- 03.18.2015Top Job Perks: Bracket Style
Check out this post for a look at some of the most interesting job perks across the country when it comes to practicing law.
- 02.26.2015Selling Your Law Practice: A CLE is in the Works!
There are many details to be aware of and consider in either selling or buying a practice. Check out this post for info on an upcoming CLE about this topic and for an article with information about selling your practice.
- 02.12.2015Delayed Retirement: Tax Season Has Traps - but Also Opportunities
Check out this post for social security and tax traps as well as lucrative opportunities for those who delay retirement.
- 01.29.2015Catch Them and Keep Them: Things to Consider for Staff Satisfaction
Attracting associates and retaining them requires meeting different measures of satisfaction. Check out this post to read what those measures are and why they are different.
- 12.16.2014Back Up Your Computer Before It Breaks
Check out this post for tips on backing up your computer so that you won't lose any work if it crashes.
- 12.03.2014Connecting Through Communication Allows Leaders to Inspire
Check out this post to learn why leadership, communication and self-awareness all go hand in hand when it comes to success.
- 11.17.2014Social Media Mistakes: How Law Firm Managing Partners Can Avoid Them
Check out this post to read about the most common social media mistakes and learn how you can avoid making them.
- 11.04.2014Facebook for Law Firms
It may be time to consider setting up social media accounts for your law firm or perhaps fine-tuning your existing pages. Check out this post for advice on how to use Facebook to enhance your firm's business.
- 10.29.2014Discounted Fees: Pros and Cons
Attorneys can offer discounted prices to clients, but does it ultimately help or harm their business? Check out this post to read more about the pros and cons of special offers.
- 10.07.2014Sign of the Times: Working From Home on the Rise
Working from home has become more and more common in recent years, and in this post, Jim Voyles talks about why it's an important topic for Senior Counsel Division members to consider.
- 09.12.2014Upcoming CLE: Preparing for the Silver Tsunami
Join this seminar to learn when and how to ethically, gracefully and responsibly scale back from active practice. A reception will be held immediately following the program.
- 09.03.2014By the Hour: An Infographic of Attorney Wages
What difference does working for a small firm make compared to working for a large firm? The answer is over a hundred dollars. Read more in this post.