Senior Counsel Division
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 12.16.2014Back Up Your Computer Before It Breaks
Check out this post for tips on backing up your computer so that you won't lose any work if it crashes.
- 12.03.2014Connecting Through Communication Allows Leaders to Inspire
Check out this post to learn why leadership, communication and self-awareness all go hand in hand when it comes to success.
- 11.17.2014Social Media Mistakes: How Law Firm Managing Partners Can Avoid Them
Check out this post to read about the most common social media mistakes and learn how you can avoid making them.
- 11.04.2014Facebook for Law Firms
It may be time to consider setting up social media accounts for your law firm or perhaps fine-tuning your existing pages. Check out this post for advice on how to use Facebook to enhance your firm's business.
- 10.29.2014Discounted Fees: Pros and Cons
Attorneys can offer discounted prices to clients, but does it ultimately help or harm their business? Check out this post to read more about the pros and cons of special offers.
- 10.07.2014Sign of the Times: Working From Home on the Rise
Working from home has become more and more common in recent years, and in this post, Jim Voyles talks about why it's an important topic for Senior Counsel Division members to consider.
- 09.12.2014Upcoming CLE: Preparing for the Silver Tsunami
Join this seminar to learn when and how to ethically, gracefully and responsibly scale back from active practice. A reception will be held immediately following the program.
- 09.03.2014By the Hour: An Infographic of Attorney Wages
What difference does working for a small firm make compared to working for a large firm? The answer is over a hundred dollars. Read more in this post.
- 08.21.2014New Study Reveals What Makes Lawyers Happy
When it comes to working in the law field, what are the factors that affect attorneys' happiness most? A recent study has the answer.
- 08.12.2014Upcoming CLE: When Law Meets Olympics and International Sport
This program on September 18 will talk about the influence of law on international sports and the Olympic Games.
- 08.11.2014Sleep Deprived or Legally Drunk: For Your Brain, It's the Same
One study shows that sleep deprivation can have similar results in the human brain as alcohol.
- 07.31.2014ABA Releases Resource to Aid Assessment of Cognitive Impairment
The ABA has released a questionnaire that helps legal professionals assess whether a colleague is experiencing cognitive impairment and how to address it.
- 07.28.2014Make Facebook Work for Your Firm
Successfully use Facebook to enhance your firm by using these eight tips.
- 07.21.2014Maximize Meetings at Minimum Length
Meetings are a must in the workplace, but there are easy ways to make them more productive and less time-consuming.
- 07.16.2014A Happy Lawyer Makes for a Good Lawyer
To give your clients the best service, sometimes you must first focus on yourself and your happiness.
- 07.07.2014Mentor and Mentee - Both Sides Can Benefit
Mentors are a great resource for law students. Read why one experienced attorney says the relationship can be mutually beneficial.
- 07.03.2014Preparing for the Future of Law
How can seasoned lawyers prepare for the future of law? An experienced attorney offers her ideas and starts the discussion.
- 06.27.2014Upcoming CLE: So You Think You're Retiring
Attorneys who are retired or are considering retirement, or who have clients who are, are encouraged to attend this valuable program, which will cover practical and useful information about the many necessary legal and financial decisions.
- 04.17.2014IndyBar Publication Offers Guidance for Planning Ahead
As difficult as it can be to conceive, events could render any attorney unable to continue the practice of law without warning. If they happen, a client's interest must be protected.
- 01.29.2014Updates from the Social Security Administration
As of February 2014, the Social Security Administration will no longer offer Social Security number (SSN) printouts and benefit verification information in our field offices.
- 12.30.2013Social Security Field Office Service Changes
As of February 2014, the Social Security Administration will no longer offer Social Security number (SSN) printouts and benefit verification information in field offices.