Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 07.16.2014Talking Points With the Top Paralegal
Get some tips straight from the top from our interview with the Paralegal of the Year, Jodie Bergeron.
- 07.11.2014Jodie L. Bergeron Named IndyBar Paralegal of the Year
The Indianapolis Bar Association is proud to recognize Jodie L. Bergeron of Cohen & Malad LLP as the association's Paralegal of the Year for 2014.
- 07.03.2014Upcoming CLE: Don't Settle Your Case on Inflated Medical Charges!
Join us Wednesday to learn about professional medical bill analysis.
- 06.25.2014The "In Case You Missed It" CLE Recap: A Med Mal Case Map in Communication with the Physician Client
The Paralegal Committee organized a successful seminar dealing with the subject of communication with your physician client within the area of medical malpractice defense on March 25, 2014.
- 06.10.2014Paralegals Go Back to School for "Speed Dating"
On February 18, 2014, a group of volunteers from the IndyBar Paralegal Committee had an opportunity to go back to college. Thankfully it was not in a textbook and homework kind of way, but instead to participate in a paralegal "speed dating" event.
- 05.21.2014Top 10 Tips to Take Your LinkedIn Profile From Whoa to Pro!
One profile launch and two years later, my profile on LinkedIn (a professional networking site comprised of more than 200 million members worldwide) is among the top 1% of all profiles viewed in the past year.
- 05.16.2014Don't miss the 2014 IndyBar & IPA Joint Luncheon!
The IndyBar Paralegal Committee invites you to meet your paralegal peers and guest speakers the upcoming Joint Luncheon of the IndyBar Paralegal Committee and the Indiana Paralegal Association.
- 05.07.2014Paralegal Certificate vs. Paralegal Certification
The Paralegal Alliance breaks down the differences between paralegal certificates and paralegal certification.
- 04.30.2014Take an Inspiration Break
We as paralegals can easily get bogged down with the day to day grind of deadlines, paperwork, meetings, clients, and the 1 million other tasks on our to-do list. Sometimes we just need to take a moment to breathe.
- 04.15.2014The Business of Licensing Paralegals
Check out this great article introducing an exam that allows one to become certified in Litigation Support.
- 03.18.2014U.S. District Court Electronic Filing: REQUIRED in Northern District, NOT in Southern District
New Civil Cases in United States District Court Northern District of Indiana MUST be filed electronically.
- 02.21.2014How to Stay at the Top of Your Game
Has this happened to you? You wake up one day and realize you're no longer the youngest kid on the block. You've worked as a paralegal for a decade or more. You're feeling a bit stale. You wonder if you've made the right career choice.
- 02.11.2014Get Involved with the IndyBar Paralegal Committee
The Paralegal Committee of the Indianapolis Bar Association is in the process of enhancing its Executive Board and Committee members for 2014. The Paralegal Committee currently has an active Executive Board, which meets monthly.
- 01.23.2014Paralegal "Speed Date" Volunteers Needed!
The IndyBar Paralegal Committee is seeking paralegal volunteers from a variety of legal expertise and interests to volunteer to participate in a "Speed Date" forum wiith paralegals in the IUPUI Paralegal Program.
- 12.18.2013IndyBar Paralegal Committee Celebrates 20 Years
On September 24, 2013, the Paralegal Committee of the Indianapolis Bar Association celebrated its 20th Anniversary at the Rathskellar among longtime friends and colleagues, including Charter Members Kathy Much Thurston and Denise Bowlby.