Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 09.23.2015Upcoming Events: Indy Do Day and Paralegal Meet and Greet
Check out this post for more information about two upcoming opportunities for you to get involved with other Indianapolis paralegals.
- 09.22.2015Quick Tips for Drafting a Pleading
When it's time to draft a pleading, do you know what to do? If you're just getting started in your paralegal career or could use a few quick tips, check out this guide to get off to a good start.
- 09.14.2015ISBA Formally Approves Voluntary Paralegal Registration Program
The ISBA has worked diligently with the Affiliate Membership Committee as well as attorneys and paralegals across the state to establish a voluntary certification program. Find out more here.
- 09.09.2015Caring for Aging/Ailing Parents: Tag, You’re It!
Read two stories of paralegals who found themselves balancing caretaking and a job as their parents aged.
- 09.09.2015Health, Wellness and Food for Thought
Check out this post for health tips and a tasty recipe from Clare Welage.
- 09.09.2015Mi CASA su CASA?
Each year, an average of 7,500 children in Indiana are removed from their homes and placed in foster care. Read how you can help as a Court Appointed Special Advocate in this post.
- 08.24.20155 Tips for Productive and Efficient Paralegals
Check out this post for ways to increase your productivity and efficiency as a paralegal.
- 08.11.2015Protecting Your Client's Data
Storing client data can be a daunting task, especially in today’s world where the hacking of databases is becoming nearly a daily occurrence. Get tips and information on how to protect your client's data in this post.
- 08.05.2015Tips for Effective Interviewing
Check out this post for tips on how to conduct effective interviews whether it's for witnesses or as part of the intake process.
- 07.15.2015Talking Points with the Top Paralegal
The IndyBar is proud to recognize Arlene L. Morris of Whitham Hebenstreit & Zubek LLP as the association’s Paralegal of the Year for 2015. Learn more about her in this article.
- 06.30.2015Preparing Your Trial Notebook
Check out this post for tips on preparing your notebook for trial.
- 06.17.2015Social Media Resources for Paralegals
Check out this post for a list of resources that will help you tap into websites that aren't indexed by broad search engines when researching witnesses, projects and experts.
- 06.17.2015Arlene Morris Named IndyBar Paralegal of the Year
Arlene L. Morris of Whitham Hebenstreit & Zubek has been named the Paralegal of the Year for 2015. Morris will be recognized for this honor at the IndyBar Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon on Thursday, July 30.
- 06.16.2015Why a Mentor Matters for Your Career
A mentor can have a profound difference on your career. To read about Jamie Collins' own experience with mentorship and its benefits, check out this post.
- 06.09.2015The Battlefield of My Chair, My Behind, My Mind
It’s very easy for me to gain weight, and always has been. Once I started working in an office and sitting at a desk, weight gain happened even faster. I’ve been successful maintaining a 150 pound weight removal for nearly three years.
- 06.09.2015Developing Your Professional Networking Skills
Check out this post for helpful tips for developing your networking skills.
- 06.09.2015Leadership…How to be the Person Others Want to Follow!
If there was ever a time this world needs great leaders–it is NOW! But let there be no doubt about it, Leadership and helping others succeed? Is a TOUGH job.
- 06.03.2015Confidentiality in the Digital Age
Check out this post for an article on client confidentiality in the digital age.
- 05.18.2015IUPUI is Seeking Attorneys and Paralegals Who Make Hiring Decisions for a Focus Group
The IUPUI paralegal program is hosting a conversation with community legal professionals in June to explore issues related to the education, employment and utilization of paralegals in Indianapolis area legal offices. See this post for more information.
- 05.13.2015Electronic Application Submission and Miscellaneous Fee Payments via Pay.gov Mandatory
The electronic submission of 7th Circuit Bar Applications and electronic payment of miscellaneous fees via Pay.gov is mandatory for attorney filers as of May 4, 2015.
- 05.08.2015April 2015 Meeting Minutes Now Available
Check out this post for the latest updates from the Paralegal Committee's meeting.
- 05.06.2015Paralegal of the Year Award - Nomination Period Extended!
Nominations for the Paralegal of the Year Award will remain open until June 1, 2015. Check out this post for more information.
- 04.20.2015A Closer Look at the Upcoming CLE
The handouts are almost ready for Lyn Mettler’s upcoming CLE on April 28, 2015: Social Media Investigations: Effectively Monitoring & Capturing Relevant Data. Check out this post for more information!
- 04.08.2015Nominations Now Open for Paralegal of the Year Award
Assistance from qualified and competent paralegals is crucial to the success of many attorneys. This year, make sure to recognize the important paralegal in your life by submitting a Paralegal of the Year Award nomination.
- 04.06.2015A Can't-Miss CLE is Coming Up!
On Tues., April 28, Lyn Mettler will present "Social Media Investigations: Effectively Monitoring and Capturing Relevant Data." Read this post to find out why this CLE is one that you won't want to miss!
- 03.30.2015Increase Your Productivity: The Desk & Dragon Method
Check out this post for an article about productivity and "the happy life" from Jamie Collins.
- 03.30.2015CLE Recap: Voir Dire and Jury Selection Strategies
Check out this post for a synopsis of the CLE on February 11, "Voir Dire and Jury Selection Strategies," featuring Dr. Christina Studebaker.
- 03.30.2015On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!: Speed Dating, Paralegal Style
On January 20, 2015, Paralegal Committee members partnered with Marian University for an educational speed dating event. Find out more about this event and future opportunities in this post.
- 03.06.2015Paralegals: Calling All Writers!
The IndyBar Paralegal Committee is looking for members who are interested in writing for their newsletter "Tip the Balance." Find out more in this post.
- 02.11.2015Be Careful How You Connect to the Internet
Logging online using public Wi-Fi could put your clients' information at risk. Read more in this post.
- 01.15.2015Paralegal News Blast: January
Check out this post for section updates and reminders from Lottie Wathen.
- 12.15.2014To CC or Not to CC...That is the Question
Do you ever CC clients on emails? Check out this post to read about whether or not that's a good practice.
- 12.11.2014Paralegal Tip the Balance: December 2014 Newsletter
Check out the latest Paralegal Committee newsletter.
- 12.03.2014Update on Proposed Rule 9 of the Rules of Professional Conduct – Registration of Paralegals
Read about proposed Rule 9 for the Rules of Professional Conduct in this article by Debi Binkley.
- 12.03.2014Greatness is a Choice You Make
There are certain times in your life when you know you’re in a room with greatness. Read about Jamie Collins' experience with that in this article.
- 12.02.2014Changes to Federal Rules Effective December 1
Check out this post for a brief overview of changes to Federal Rules that became effective on December 1, 2014.
- 11.17.20142014 Teddy Bear Challenge Begins!
Calling all teddy bears! The Paralegal Committee will once again sponsor the annual Teddy Bear Challenge and we need your help. Check out this post for volunteer information.
- 11.10.2014Critical Thinking is a Critical Skill for Paralegals
In this post, Julia Kleinschmidt shares an article that discusses what may be one of the most important skills for successful paralegals to have: critical thinking.
- 10.22.2014Paralegals: Can You Be the One to Make a Difference? You Bet!
If you've ever wondered if the work you do day in and day out can make a difference, you'll want to check out this post. Julia Kleinschmidt shares an article that shows how much paralegals' dedication matters.