Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 03.06.2015Paralegals: Calling All Writers!
The IndyBar Paralegal Committee is looking for members who are interested in writing for their newsletter "Tip the Balance." Find out more in this post.
- 02.11.2015Be Careful How You Connect to the Internet
Logging online using public Wi-Fi could put your clients' information at risk. Read more in this post.
- 01.15.2015Paralegal News Blast: January
Check out this post for section updates and reminders from Lottie Wathen.
- 12.15.2014To CC or Not to CC...That is the Question
Do you ever CC clients on emails? Check out this post to read about whether or not that's a good practice.
- 12.11.2014Paralegal Tip the Balance: December 2014 Newsletter
Check out the latest Paralegal Committee newsletter.
- 12.03.2014Update on Proposed Rule 9 of the Rules of Professional Conduct – Registration of Paralegals
Read about proposed Rule 9 for the Rules of Professional Conduct in this article by Debi Binkley.
- 12.03.2014Greatness is a Choice You Make
There are certain times in your life when you know you’re in a room with greatness. Read about Jamie Collins' experience with that in this article.
- 12.02.2014Changes to Federal Rules Effective December 1
Check out this post for a brief overview of changes to Federal Rules that became effective on December 1, 2014.
- 11.17.20142014 Teddy Bear Challenge Begins!
Calling all teddy bears! The Paralegal Committee will once again sponsor the annual Teddy Bear Challenge and we need your help. Check out this post for volunteer information.
- 11.10.2014Critical Thinking is a Critical Skill for Paralegals
In this post, Julia Kleinschmidt shares an article that discusses what may be one of the most important skills for successful paralegals to have: critical thinking.
- 10.22.2014Paralegals: Can You Be the One to Make a Difference? You Bet!
If you've ever wondered if the work you do day in and day out can make a difference, you'll want to check out this post. Julia Kleinschmidt shares an article that shows how much paralegals' dedication matters.
- 09.11.2014The Evolution of a Paralegal's Role: Legal and Technology Skills Needed
Today's paralegals may find themselves taking care of issues in the office that are normally associated with technology staff.
- 09.10.2014The “In Case You Missed It” CLE Recap: Don’t Settle Your Case on Inflated Medical Charges!
Debi Binkley gives an overview of this recent CLE, which includes information about the analysis of medical bills and how to perform an in-depth review.
- 09.10.2014Getting to Know Jodie Bergeron, IndyBar’s 2014 Paralegal of the Year
Lottie Wathen gives an up-close look at the life and career of Jodie Bergeron, who recently received the top award at the annual IndyBar Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon.
- 09.10.2014Confronting Certification: Paralegals and Court Reporters Face the Same Conundrum
Check out this article to learn more about the battle that both court reporters and paralegals are fighting.
- 09.02.2014You're Invited: Paralegal Committee Sponsor Appreciation and Meet and Greet!
Join us Oct. 2 for a fun meet and greet and to thank our many sponsors for their support.
- 08.12.2014An Ethics CLE: The Many Faces of Civility
On September 25, lawyers' ethical behavior and the importance of civility will be discussed at this CLE.
- 08.07.2014Upcoming CLE: Practicing in Small Claims Court
What's the best way to present evidence and persuade the judge in small claims court? Attend this CLE to find out!
- 07.25.2014Paralegal Appreciation Lunch is Coming Up
Let's do lunch on August 14 and take the opportunity to honor the paralegal in your life.
- 07.16.2014Talking Points With the Top Paralegal
Get some tips straight from the top from our interview with the Paralegal of the Year, Jodie Bergeron.
- 07.11.2014Jodie L. Bergeron Named IndyBar Paralegal of the Year
The Indianapolis Bar Association is proud to recognize Jodie L. Bergeron of Cohen & Malad LLP as the association's Paralegal of the Year for 2014.
- 07.03.2014Upcoming CLE: Don't Settle Your Case on Inflated Medical Charges!
Join us Wednesday to learn about professional medical bill analysis.
- 06.25.2014The "In Case You Missed It" CLE Recap: A Med Mal Case Map in Communication with the Physician Client
The Paralegal Committee organized a successful seminar dealing with the subject of communication with your physician client within the area of medical malpractice defense on March 25, 2014.
- 06.10.2014Paralegals Go Back to School for "Speed Dating"
On February 18, 2014, a group of volunteers from the IndyBar Paralegal Committee had an opportunity to go back to college. Thankfully it was not in a textbook and homework kind of way, but instead to participate in a paralegal "speed dating" event.
- 05.21.2014Top 10 Tips to Take Your LinkedIn Profile From Whoa to Pro!
One profile launch and two years later, my profile on LinkedIn (a professional networking site comprised of more than 200 million members worldwide) is among the top 1% of all profiles viewed in the past year.
- 05.16.2014Don't miss the 2014 IndyBar & IPA Joint Luncheon!
The IndyBar Paralegal Committee invites you to meet your paralegal peers and guest speakers the upcoming Joint Luncheon of the IndyBar Paralegal Committee and the Indiana Paralegal Association.
- 05.07.2014Paralegal Certificate vs. Paralegal Certification
The Paralegal Alliance breaks down the differences between paralegal certificates and paralegal certification.
- 04.30.2014Take an Inspiration Break
We as paralegals can easily get bogged down with the day to day grind of deadlines, paperwork, meetings, clients, and the 1 million other tasks on our to-do list. Sometimes we just need to take a moment to breathe.
- 04.15.2014The Business of Licensing Paralegals
Check out this great article introducing an exam that allows one to become certified in Litigation Support.