Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 05.18.2015IUPUI is Seeking Attorneys and Paralegals Who Make Hiring Decisions for a Focus Group
The IUPUI paralegal program is hosting a conversation with community legal professionals in June to explore issues related to the education, employment and utilization of paralegals in Indianapolis area legal offices. See this post for more information.
- 05.13.2015Electronic Application Submission and Miscellaneous Fee Payments via Pay.gov Mandatory
The electronic submission of 7th Circuit Bar Applications and electronic payment of miscellaneous fees via Pay.gov is mandatory for attorney filers as of May 4, 2015.
- 05.08.2015April 2015 Meeting Minutes Now Available
Check out this post for the latest updates from the Paralegal Committee's meeting.
- 05.06.2015Paralegal of the Year Award - Nomination Period Extended!
Nominations for the Paralegal of the Year Award will remain open until June 1, 2015. Check out this post for more information.
- 04.20.2015A Closer Look at the Upcoming CLE
The handouts are almost ready for Lyn Mettler’s upcoming CLE on April 28, 2015: Social Media Investigations: Effectively Monitoring & Capturing Relevant Data. Check out this post for more information!
- 04.08.2015Nominations Now Open for Paralegal of the Year Award
Assistance from qualified and competent paralegals is crucial to the success of many attorneys. This year, make sure to recognize the important paralegal in your life by submitting a Paralegal of the Year Award nomination.
- 04.06.2015A Can't-Miss CLE is Coming Up!
On Tues., April 28, Lyn Mettler will present "Social Media Investigations: Effectively Monitoring and Capturing Relevant Data." Read this post to find out why this CLE is one that you won't want to miss!
- 03.30.2015Increase Your Productivity: The Desk & Dragon Method
Check out this post for an article about productivity and "the happy life" from Jamie Collins.
- 03.30.2015CLE Recap: Voir Dire and Jury Selection Strategies
Check out this post for a synopsis of the CLE on February 11, "Voir Dire and Jury Selection Strategies," featuring Dr. Christina Studebaker.
- 03.30.2015On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!: Speed Dating, Paralegal Style
On January 20, 2015, Paralegal Committee members partnered with Marian University for an educational speed dating event. Find out more about this event and future opportunities in this post.
- 03.06.2015Paralegals: Calling All Writers!
The IndyBar Paralegal Committee is looking for members who are interested in writing for their newsletter "Tip the Balance." Find out more in this post.
- 02.11.2015Be Careful How You Connect to the Internet
Logging online using public Wi-Fi could put your clients' information at risk. Read more in this post.
- 01.15.2015Paralegal News Blast: January
Check out this post for section updates and reminders from Lottie Wathen.
- 12.15.2014To CC or Not to CC...That is the Question
Do you ever CC clients on emails? Check out this post to read about whether or not that's a good practice.
- 12.11.2014Paralegal Tip the Balance: December 2014 Newsletter
Check out the latest Paralegal Committee newsletter.
- 12.03.2014Update on Proposed Rule 9 of the Rules of Professional Conduct – Registration of Paralegals
Read about proposed Rule 9 for the Rules of Professional Conduct in this article by Debi Binkley.
- 12.03.2014Greatness is a Choice You Make
There are certain times in your life when you know you’re in a room with greatness. Read about Jamie Collins' experience with that in this article.
- 12.02.2014Changes to Federal Rules Effective December 1
Check out this post for a brief overview of changes to Federal Rules that became effective on December 1, 2014.
- 11.17.20142014 Teddy Bear Challenge Begins!
Calling all teddy bears! The Paralegal Committee will once again sponsor the annual Teddy Bear Challenge and we need your help. Check out this post for volunteer information.
- 11.10.2014Critical Thinking is a Critical Skill for Paralegals
In this post, Julia Kleinschmidt shares an article that discusses what may be one of the most important skills for successful paralegals to have: critical thinking.
- 10.22.2014Paralegals: Can You Be the One to Make a Difference? You Bet!
If you've ever wondered if the work you do day in and day out can make a difference, you'll want to check out this post. Julia Kleinschmidt shares an article that shows how much paralegals' dedication matters.
- 09.11.2014The Evolution of a Paralegal's Role: Legal and Technology Skills Needed
Today's paralegals may find themselves taking care of issues in the office that are normally associated with technology staff.
- 09.10.2014The “In Case You Missed It” CLE Recap: Don’t Settle Your Case on Inflated Medical Charges!
Debi Binkley gives an overview of this recent CLE, which includes information about the analysis of medical bills and how to perform an in-depth review.
- 09.10.2014Getting to Know Jodie Bergeron, IndyBar’s 2014 Paralegal of the Year
Lottie Wathen gives an up-close look at the life and career of Jodie Bergeron, who recently received the top award at the annual IndyBar Paralegal Appreciation Luncheon.
- 09.10.2014Confronting Certification: Paralegals and Court Reporters Face the Same Conundrum
Check out this article to learn more about the battle that both court reporters and paralegals are fighting.
- 09.02.2014You're Invited: Paralegal Committee Sponsor Appreciation and Meet and Greet!
Join us Oct. 2 for a fun meet and greet and to thank our many sponsors for their support.
- 08.12.2014An Ethics CLE: The Many Faces of Civility
On September 25, lawyers' ethical behavior and the importance of civility will be discussed at this CLE.
- 08.07.2014Upcoming CLE: Practicing in Small Claims Court
What's the best way to present evidence and persuade the judge in small claims court? Attend this CLE to find out!
- 07.25.2014Paralegal Appreciation Lunch is Coming Up
Let's do lunch on August 14 and take the opportunity to honor the paralegal in your life.
- 07.16.2014Talking Points With the Top Paralegal
Get some tips straight from the top from our interview with the Paralegal of the Year, Jodie Bergeron.
- 07.11.2014Jodie L. Bergeron Named IndyBar Paralegal of the Year
The Indianapolis Bar Association is proud to recognize Jodie L. Bergeron of Cohen & Malad LLP as the association's Paralegal of the Year for 2014.
- 07.03.2014Upcoming CLE: Don't Settle Your Case on Inflated Medical Charges!
Join us Wednesday to learn about professional medical bill analysis.
- 06.25.2014The "In Case You Missed It" CLE Recap: A Med Mal Case Map in Communication with the Physician Client
The Paralegal Committee organized a successful seminar dealing with the subject of communication with your physician client within the area of medical malpractice defense on March 25, 2014.
- 06.10.2014Paralegals Go Back to School for "Speed Dating"
On February 18, 2014, a group of volunteers from the IndyBar Paralegal Committee had an opportunity to go back to college. Thankfully it was not in a textbook and homework kind of way, but instead to participate in a paralegal "speed dating" event.