Law Student Division
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 02.01.2016IndyBar Review Blog: Week 4
Is it really February? After four weeks of IndyBar Review and only two weeks remaining, the bar exam is going to be here in no time.
- 01.26.2016IndyBar Review Blog: Week 3
Going into the evidence lecture, I was intimated by the sheer volume of highly complicated issues and questions within the topic. IndyBar evidence lecturer, Rusty Denton, offered help in remembering the many concepts through mnemonics and tips.
- 01.19.2016IndyBar Review Blog: Week 2
It is probably safe to assume that most bar applicants would like to have an idea of how many points are required to pass. Below illustrates that breakdown, a hypothetical and two tips from the presenters from week two of IndyBar Review.
- 01.12.2016Update: Suited Up Clothing Drive Ending Soon
It's a new year! Why not get rid of some of those dress clothes lingering in your closet? I have the perfect opportunity for you.
- 01.11.2016IndyBar Review Blog: Week 1
This blog will provide insight and pose questions to readers about the bar exam and some information about the IndyBar Review course.
- 12.14.2015Getting to Know Your 2016-2017 Executive Committee: Kendra Harper
Kendra Harper has been elected as Chair on the 2016-2017 Law Student Division Executive Committee. Learn more here.
- 11.30.2015Time to Get Suited Up! Donate Clothes for a Good Cause
The IndyBar is holding a clothing drive through January 15 to benefit low income college-bound high school students. Learn more here.
- 11.30.2015Getting to Know Your 2016-2017 Executive Committee: Laqwesha Lawson
Laqwesha Lawson has been elected as an At Large Member on the 2016-2017 Law Student Division Executive Committee. Learn more here.
- 11.23.2015Getting to Know Your 2016-2017 Executive Committee: Jacob Irven
Jacob Irven has been elected as an At Large Member on the 2016-2017 Law Student Division Executive Committee. Learn more here.
- 11.16.2015Changes to Bar Exam Essay in 2018
The Indiana State Board of Law Examiners has approval from the Indiana Supreme Court to change some of the topics tested on the Indiana Essay Examination. Find out more in this post.
- 11.16.2015Be More Productive with Meditation
Don't let the weight of finals bring you down. A healthy mind and body are essential to acing those exams!
- 11.16.2015Getting to Know Your 2016-2017 Executive Committee: Whitney Rogers
Whitney Rogers has been elected as an At Large Member on the 2016-2017 Law Student Division Executive Committee. Learn more here.
- 11.12.2015Breakfast with the Bar Recap: Networking
On Friday, November 6, two attorneys gathered with a group of law students for coffee and discussion about networking. Check out this post for a recap of the event.
- 11.12.20152016-2017 Law Student Division Executive Committee Election Results
The results of the Fall 2015 Law Student Division Executive Committee elections have been tallied. Click here to view the results.
- 11.05.2015Networking for Millennials
Millennial or not, understanding the new ways of networking is important. Find out how the newest working generation is networking here.
- 11.04.2015Study Break: Podcasts for Law Students
Check out this article for a list of podcasts for law students that you can listen to when taking a break from final exam preparations.
- 11.03.2015Law Clerk Job Opening: 2Ls and 3Ls Wanted
There is a job opening for the position of law clerk at the State Employees' Appeals Commission. Applications are due November 6.
- 10.22.2015Judge Bars Enforcement of "Ballot Selfies" Law
Judge Sarah Evans Barker issued a ruling in Indiana Civil Liberties Union v. Indiana Sec. of State. Read more here.
- 10.22.2015Bar Application Clinic Reduces Stress for Applicants
Applying for the bar exam is a stressful addition to your final semester of law school. IndyBar provides the Bar Application Clinic, a one-stop shop, to make your life easier.
- 10.20.2015Indy Eleven Tailgate a Fun Time with Law Students
On Saturday, October 17, the Young Lawyers Division hosted a tailgate with law students before the Indy Eleven game. Check out this post for a recap and photos from the event.
- 10.16.2015Breakfast with the Bar Recap: Business Law
On Friday, October 16, 2015, law students met with local attorneys to discuss business and transactional law.
- 10.15.2015"Ballot Selfie Law" Heads to Federal Court
The ACLU and State of Indiana disagree over the legality of taking "selfies" of a ballot in the voting booth. A ruling on the matter is expected before the elections on November 3. See this post for more details.
- 10.07.2015Why Sleep Matters in Law School
Sleep is usually the first thing to go in law school. However, getting enough sleep is probably the most important thing you can do in law school. Check out this post to learn why sleep is key to your success.
- 09.22.2015Bar Exam Review Results Released
IndyBar Review Pre-Appeal results are in for July 2015 Indiana Bar Exam: 90% Overall Pass Rate for McKinney First Time Takers. Read more here.
- 09.22.2015Three Job Openings in Court of Appeals
The Indiana Court of Appeals has the following job openings: Law Clerk for Judge Pyle III; Law Clerk for Judge Robb; and Appellate Case Manager, Clerk's Office. See this post for more details.
- 09.09.2015Get Involved with the IndyBar Law Student Division!
The nomination period for the Fall 2015 Indianapolis Bar Association Law Student Division Executive Board has begun. Five At-Large positions are available.
- 08.27.2015Looking Back on Bar Exam Preparations
Learn from the past experiences of others when it comes to studying for the bar exam by checking out this post, which features bar exam takers' reflections on studying for the test.
- 08.19.2015Progress Report: Millennial Lawyer Survey Results
Check out what a survey of 880 millennial lawyers revealed about the current climate of law for younger attorneys in this post.
- 07.31.2015Tips for Practicing Sports & Entertainment Law
Interested in practicing sports law? See this article for some practical pointers to help you break into the practice area.
- 07.30.2015Back to School: How to Balance Family Responsibilites
Check out this post before the fall semester begins for some tips on managing family responsibilities and the demands of law school.
- 07.14.2015Breakfast with the Bar Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for two Breakfast with the Bar events this fall. Click here for more information.
- 06.29.2015The Best Time of Day for Getting Work Done
Want to make the most of your time? Check out this article for tips on the best time of day to do everything, from sending email to scheduling meetings.
- 06.17.2015Scholarships Top $200,000 Milestone
This year marks an exciting milestone for IBF scholarships with financial support to law students topping $200,000 since the scholarships’ inception in 1985.
- 06.16.2015Why a Mentor Matters for Your Career
A mentor can have a profound difference on your career. To read about Jamie Collins' own experience with mentorship and its benefits, check out this post.
- 06.03.2015Tips for Staying Sane During Bar Exam Studying
Check out this post for 10 tips on staying sane while you study for the bar exam.
- 05.20.2015Best Cities for 2015 College Grads
The Huffington Post recently published a list of the 10 best cities for recent college graduates. See which places make the cut in this post!
- 05.19.2015Faegre Baker Daniels Fellowship Awarded to Burnell Grimes Jr.
Congratulations to Burnell Grimes Jr., IU McKinney 2L and Law Student Division Chair, who has been awarded the Faegre Baker Daniels Diversity Fellowship for 2015. Check out this post for more information.
- 05.06.2015Finding a Job After Law School
Graduating law school may not guarantee a job, but betting on yourself can help you get there. Check out this post for more.
- 04.23.2015Indianapolis Bar Foundation Awards Academic Scholarships
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation recently awarded three academic scholarships to law students for 2015. See this post for details.
- 04.16.2015Breakfast with the Bar Recap: Diversity and the Law
On Friday, April 10, three attorneys gathered with a group of law students for coffee and discussion about diversity. Check out this post for a recap of the event.
- 04.13.20152015-2016 Law Student Division Executive Committee Election Results
The results of the Spring 2015 Law Student Executive Committee elections have been tallied. Please see this post for more details.
- 04.06.2015Beware: Top Five Time-Wasters for Law Students
Make the most of your time as final exams approach by avoiding these five most common time-wasters for law students.
- 04.01.2015Breakfast with the Bar Recap: Government Affairs
On Friday, March 27, four government affairs attorneys and the chair of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Assocication gathered with 12 law students for coffee at the IndyBar.
- 03.30.2015Law School at a Later Age: Challenges and Benefits
Check out this post for a discussion of some benefits and challenges associated with deciding to go to school later in life.
- 03.27.2015Law Student Division Trivia Night a Winning Night for All
On Thursday, March 26, the IndyBar Law Student Division held its annual Trivia Night at Buffalo Wild Wings in downtown Indianapolis.
- 03.12.2015MPRE Review Sessions in Full Swing - Don't Miss the Next One!
If you're planning to take the MPRE this year, you'll want to check out this post for the latest scoop on test dates, registration deadlines, fees and more.
- 03.11.2015How to Use Law School Rankings in Your Decision Process
Check out this post for insight on how to use law school rankings when considering which law school is a good fit for you.
- 02.26.2015IndyBar Review: Top Tips for Family Law
Is the bar exam in your future? Check out this post for the IndyBar Review top tips for administrative law.
- 02.26.2015IndyBar Review: Top Tips for Administrative Law
Is the bar exam in your future? Check out this post for the IndyBar Review top tips for administrative law.
- 02.25.2015Spring 2015 Law Student Division Executive Committee Nomination Period is Open!
The nomination period for the Spring 2015 IndyBar Law Student Division Executive Committee has begun. Please see this post for details.
- 02.24.2015One Stop Shop: Bar Application Clinic a Success!
On Thursday, Feb. 19 over 50 students stopped by the IndyBar One Stop Shop take care of all their bar application needs. Check out this post for Lucy Frick's recap of her experience.
- 02.17.2015ICLEO Fellowship Deadline Extended
Applications for the Indiana Conference for Legal Education Opportunity Fellowship, a program of the Indiana Supreme Court, are still being accepted through February 27, 2015.
- 02.12.2015Students Take a Closer Look at Blue Book
The latest What You Need to Know session for law students helped turn Blue Book from intimidating to navigable for attendees.
- 02.11.2015Love is in the Air: Valentine's Day Gifts for Law Students
Are you searching for the perfect way to express your affection this Valentine's Day? Check out this post for gift ideas for law students!