Law Student Division
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 07.21.2014Top Notch Note-Taking: Breaking Down the Cornell Method
Use the Cornell Method for taking notes now and throughout your law career.
- 07.15.20145 Early Career Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
An article that will take you two minutes to read will save you from having big regrets 10 years down the road when it comes to your career choices.
- 07.14.2014Fewest LSATs Administered in Over a Decade
The number of students who took the LSAT this year were the lowest they've been since 2000.
- 07.09.2014When Law School Comes Later: Connecting as a Nontraditional Student
Nontraditional law students have different needs than those of the average mid-20s peer. Read how to foster connections when law school comes later in life.
- 07.08.2014Survey Reveals Most Desirable Traits of a New Associate
When firms hire a new associate, there are certain traits they notice and appreciate most. Put this information into your arsenal to ace the next job interview.
- 07.07.2014Bar Exam Crunch Time: How to Study and Stay Calm
Get advice on preparing for the bar exam and keeping calm during crunch time with these tips.
- 06.25.2014Mark Your Calendar for IBF Scholarships
The application period for Winter 2015 IndyBar Review scholarships will begin on August 1.
- 05.30.2014Is the MPRE in your future? The IndyBar can help!
The IndyBar MPRE Review Course will be held on Thursday, July 24, from 3 to 6 p.m.
- 05.07.2014Indianapolis Bar Foundation Awards Academic and Educational Scholarships
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation awarded seven scholarships to both law students and to individuals preparing to take the Indiana Bar Exam in summer 2014.
- 05.06.2014Everything You Need to Know About Being a Summer Associate
Summer associate season will soon be underway, so check out this compilation of posts by FindLaw on everything you need to know about being a summer associate.
- 05.02.2014A Message from the IndyBar Law Student Division Chair
Jason Sprinkle, a student at Robert H. McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis, will serve as chair for the Law Student Division for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- 04.21.2014"In Case You Missed It" Event Recap: Breakfast with the Bar: Litigation
Members from the IndyBar Litigation Section joined students from the Law Student Division to discuss the many practice options of litigation.
- 04.17.2014Matthew Maples to be Honored as Law Student of the Year
The Indianapolis Bar Association's 2014 Law Student of the Year, Matthew Maples of the Robert H. McKinney School of Law, has completed close to 2,000 hours of pro bono service during his law school career.
- 03.26.2014ABA Releases Online Guide to ABA-Approved Law Schools
The American Bar Association Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar has published the online Official Guide to ABA-Approved Law Schools.
- 03.13.2014IndyBar Law Student Division Seeking Executive Board Members
The nomination period for the Spring 2014 Indianapolis Bar Association’s Law Student Division Executive Board has begun. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be involved with the planning and implementation of the IndyBar student activities while
- 03.05.2014"In Case You Missed It" Event Recap: Breakfast with the Bar: Health Care and Life Sciences
Members from the IndyBar Health Care and Life Sciences Section joined students from the Law Student Division to discuss practice of health law.
- 02.27.2014Law Student Diversity Scholarship Available from DRI
DRI announces its annual Law Student Diversity Scholarship program, open to rising (2014–15) second- and third-year African American, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American students.
- 02.24.2014"In Case You Missed It" Event Recap: What You Need to Know About the Blue Book
The What You Need to Know Series brought in two attorneys to give an overview of the Blue Book and useful tips in applying the Rules in practice.
- 02.20.2014Entry-level Law Firm Recruiting Remains Mostly Flat
In the fall of 2013, for the fifth year in a row, law firms continued to engage in limited entry-level hiring.
- 02.12.2014Final Report from Future of Legal Education Task Force Released
The American Bar Association Task Force on the Future of Legal Education, chaired by former Indiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Randall Shepard, released its final report on January 24, 2014.
- 02.11.2014"In Case You Missed It" Event Recap: Breakfast with the Bar: Public Interest Attorneys
The January Breakfast with the Bar series brought together attorneys from all facets of the public interest sector.
- 01.29.2014IndyBar Public Outreach Committee Seeking Student Volunteer
The Public Outreach Committee is responsible for creating and/or organizing the association's public outreach activities unrelated to pro bono service, which includes programs or services such as educational videos, publications and programs for children.
- 01.29.2014To Do: Your July 2014 Bar Exam Checklist
Taking the Summer 2014 Indiana Bar Exam? Check these to-do's off of your list with some help from the IndyBar!
- 01.17.2014Scholarships Available from the Indianapolis Bar Foundation
Applications are now being accepted for three academic scholarships and four educational scholarships from the Indianapolis Bar Foundation (IBF), the charitable arm of the IndyBar.