Law Student Division
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 04.23.2015Indianapolis Bar Foundation Awards Academic Scholarships
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation recently awarded three academic scholarships to law students for 2015. See this post for details.
- 04.16.2015Breakfast with the Bar Recap: Diversity and the Law
On Friday, April 10, three attorneys gathered with a group of law students for coffee and discussion about diversity. Check out this post for a recap of the event.
- 04.13.20152015-2016 Law Student Division Executive Committee Election Results
The results of the Spring 2015 Law Student Executive Committee elections have been tallied. Please see this post for more details.
- 04.06.2015Beware: Top Five Time-Wasters for Law Students
Make the most of your time as final exams approach by avoiding these five most common time-wasters for law students.
- 04.01.2015Breakfast with the Bar Recap: Government Affairs
On Friday, March 27, four government affairs attorneys and the chair of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Assocication gathered with 12 law students for coffee at the IndyBar.
- 03.30.2015Law School at a Later Age: Challenges and Benefits
Check out this post for a discussion of some benefits and challenges associated with deciding to go to school later in life.
- 03.27.2015Law Student Division Trivia Night a Winning Night for All
On Thursday, March 26, the IndyBar Law Student Division held its annual Trivia Night at Buffalo Wild Wings in downtown Indianapolis.
- 03.12.2015MPRE Review Sessions in Full Swing - Don't Miss the Next One!
If you're planning to take the MPRE this year, you'll want to check out this post for the latest scoop on test dates, registration deadlines, fees and more.
- 03.11.2015How to Use Law School Rankings in Your Decision Process
Check out this post for insight on how to use law school rankings when considering which law school is a good fit for you.
- 02.26.2015IndyBar Review: Top Tips for Family Law
Is the bar exam in your future? Check out this post for the IndyBar Review top tips for administrative law.
- 02.26.2015IndyBar Review: Top Tips for Administrative Law
Is the bar exam in your future? Check out this post for the IndyBar Review top tips for administrative law.
- 02.25.2015Spring 2015 Law Student Division Executive Committee Nomination Period is Open!
The nomination period for the Spring 2015 IndyBar Law Student Division Executive Committee has begun. Please see this post for details.
- 02.24.2015One Stop Shop: Bar Application Clinic a Success!
On Thursday, Feb. 19 over 50 students stopped by the IndyBar One Stop Shop take care of all their bar application needs. Check out this post for Lucy Frick's recap of her experience.
- 02.17.2015ICLEO Fellowship Deadline Extended
Applications for the Indiana Conference for Legal Education Opportunity Fellowship, a program of the Indiana Supreme Court, are still being accepted through February 27, 2015.
- 02.12.2015Students Take a Closer Look at Blue Book
The latest What You Need to Know session for law students helped turn Blue Book from intimidating to navigable for attendees.
- 02.11.2015Love is in the Air: Valentine's Day Gifts for Law Students
Are you searching for the perfect way to express your affection this Valentine's Day? Check out this post for gift ideas for law students!
- 02.01.2015Pacers Outing is a Winning Event
The Law Student Division had a great turnout for the Pacers game. Attendees met up at Kilroy's before heading to Banker's Life Fieldhouse to see the Pacers beat the Knicks!
- 01.27.2015Breakfast With the Bar Recap: Women and the Law
Check out this post for a recap of the most recent Breakfast with the Bar event featuring women in law.
- 01.23.2015Bar Exam Study Tips for Using Your Time Effectively
Are you one of the many law students preparing to take the bar exam? Check out this post for some advice on how to make your study time most effective.
- 12.22.2014Congratulations and What's to Come
Check out this post for a few words from BJ Grimes on what to expect from the LSD in 2015.
- 12.05.2014Best Holiday Gifts for Bar Exam Studiers and Law Students
Check out this post for some holiday gift suggestions for law students.
- 11.24.2014New Admittees Roundtable Gives Attendees Expert Advice
On November 17, IndyBar hosted an event for Newly Admitted Attorneys. Check out this post for a recap by Sara Phillips.
- 11.20.2014Two IU Law Professors Named Most Influential in Legal Education
The National Jurist has released its list of the 25 Most Influential People in Legal Education. Check out this post by BJ Grimes to read which IU School of Law professors made the list.
- 11.14.2014Breakfast With the Bar: Meet the Judiciary
On Thursday, Nov. 13, the IndyBar Law Student Division hosted its Breakfast With the Bar: Meet the Judiciary. Panelists included current and former federal, state and administrative judges and judicial clerks.
- 11.12.2014Holly Wanzer Helps First Year Students Face Their Final Exam Fears
Sarah Thurman recaps the most recent "What You Need to Know" event and talks about what makes Holly Wanzer's presentations helpful for law students.
- 11.10.2014Bar Exam Prep: Making the Most of Your Time
Check out this post by LaTonja Anderson for some tips and advice on preparing for the bar exam.
- 10.29.2014Breakfast with the Bar Gives Students Firsthand Look at Life as a Lawyer
The IndyBar recently hosted a Breakfast with the Bar event for Plus Bar Review Student Members. Check out this post for a recap by Kayla Grimes.
- 10.29.2014MPRE Review Session Sets Students Up for Success
On Thursday, Oct. 23, the IndyBar hosted a review session for students preparing for the MPRE. Check out this post for a recap by Jason Sprinkle.
- 10.28.2014Study Strategies: A Step in the Right Direction
Thinking about your study strategies as final exams get closer? Check out this post by BJ Grimes for a tip that will help get your brain in gear.
- 10.10.2014Indiana Law Schools Rank Among the Best for 2015
The Princeton Review released its 2015 list of "The Best 169 Law Schools". Burnell Grimes shares which Indiana law schools made the cut and also which factors helped them rank among the best.
- 09.29.2014Government Practice Section Awards Scholarship to Carrie Brennan
The third annual Government Practice Section scholarship has been awarded to Carrie Brennan of the IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law.
- 09.29.2014Law Professor's Clinic Targets Revenge Porn and Patent Trolls
Law students at a recent legal hack-athon created a website that could be a one-stop-shop to end revenge porn.
- 09.23.2014Prompting Productivity: How to Have a Life and Get Work Done
Check out these five tips for increasing productivity so that, ultimately, you have more free time to spend on things you enjoy.
- 09.16.2014What You Need to Know: Study Tips Recap
First year students learned how to tackle classes to best prepare outlines for their first law school finals. Check out this post for the recap!
- 09.16.2014Fun at LSD Front Page Fall Social
The IndyBar Law Student Division hosted another successful fall social downtown which offered food, drinks and fun for the many who attended.
- 09.15.2014Sustainability Scavenger Hunt: Sign Up for an Afternoon of Fun!
The IU McKinney School of Law Environmental Law Society is hosting a scavenger hunt around Indy on September 27. Join the fun to help support their efforts to keep Indiana beautiful.
- 09.12.2014ABA Forum on the Construction Industry Fall 2014 Meeting
The ABA will hold "Bulldozers, Cranes, and Claims: Challenges of Rebuilding the Construction Industry" in Chicago on October 14-17. Discounted pricing for IndyBar Student Members is available.
- 09.09.2014A Panel of Pros: Come Get Professional Advice from Seasoned Attorneys
Years of experience leads to professional wisdom, so come learn from seasoned lawyers and get invaluable advice on September 30!
- 09.03.2014Beyond the Books: Little Lessons of Law School
Check out this post for one blogger's take on the things you'll learn in law school that can't be found in a textbook.
- 08.28.2014Survivng 1L: Tips of the Trade
Get some pointers on how to navigate your first year of law school so that you start off on the right foot.
- 08.26.2014Choosing a Law School: What Matters to You?
Chinese food? Good weather? Read why these can be legitimate considerations when picking a law school - and see why Indy meets the cultural standard.
- 08.20.2014Tips for Staying on Top Your First Week of Law School
With school back in session (or beginning soon), here are some tips that 1Ls will find useful as they maneuver their first week.
- 08.15.2014Law Student Scholarship Available from IndyBar Government Practice Section
Second or third year law students with an interest in government practice are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship.
- 08.13.2014Common Mistakes for Young Lawyers and Lawyers-to-Be
There are mistakes that are common for young professionals and students alike. Check out this article so they won't let them happen to you no matter what stage of life you're in!
- 08.12.2014IndyBar Law Student Division Seeking Executive Board Members
The nomination period for the IndyBar's Law Student Division Executive Board has begun.
- 07.31.2014Don't Miss the Upcoming Indians Game with Sports & Entertainment Law Attorneys
Wrap up summer at the ballpark and network with some of Indy's Sports & Entertainment Law attorneys!
- 07.31.2014Which Came First: Working or Learning
To work and then go to law school or go to law school right away? That's a question nearly every student has faced in today's economic times. Check out this article for the pros and cons of your decision.
- 07.31.2014IU Maurer School of Law Selected for Clinic Certification Pilot Program
Five law schools across the nation were selected by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to participate in their Clinic Certification Pilot Program.
- 07.30.2014Bar Exam Software Breaks Down for Students Nationwide
You prepare, you take the test, you turn it in. For thousands of bar candidates across the country, turning it in wasn't the simple part. Read about the software breakdown that caused quite a stir last night.
- 07.21.2014Top Notch Note-Taking: Breaking Down the Cornell Method
Use the Cornell Method for taking notes now and throughout your law career.
- 07.15.20145 Early Career Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
An article that will take you two minutes to read will save you from having big regrets 10 years down the road when it comes to your career choices.
- 07.14.2014Fewest LSATs Administered in Over a Decade
The number of students who took the LSAT this year were the lowest they've been since 2000.
- 07.09.2014When Law School Comes Later: Connecting as a Nontraditional Student
Nontraditional law students have different needs than those of the average mid-20s peer. Read how to foster connections when law school comes later in life.
- 07.08.2014Survey Reveals Most Desirable Traits of a New Associate
When firms hire a new associate, there are certain traits they notice and appreciate most. Put this information into your arsenal to ace the next job interview.
- 07.07.2014Bar Exam Crunch Time: How to Study and Stay Calm
Get advice on preparing for the bar exam and keeping calm during crunch time with these tips.
- 06.25.2014Mark Your Calendar for IBF Scholarships
The application period for Winter 2015 IndyBar Review scholarships will begin on August 1.
- 05.30.2014Is the MPRE in your future? The IndyBar can help!
The IndyBar MPRE Review Course will be held on Thursday, July 24, from 3 to 6 p.m.
- 05.07.2014Indianapolis Bar Foundation Awards Academic and Educational Scholarships
The Indianapolis Bar Foundation awarded seven scholarships to both law students and to individuals preparing to take the Indiana Bar Exam in summer 2014.
- 05.06.2014Everything You Need to Know About Being a Summer Associate
Summer associate season will soon be underway, so check out this compilation of posts by FindLaw on everything you need to know about being a summer associate.
- 05.02.2014A Message from the IndyBar Law Student Division Chair
Jason Sprinkle, a student at Robert H. McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis, will serve as chair for the Law Student Division for the 2014-2015 academic year.