Indy Attorneys Network Section
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 07.30.2015Social Media Post Delays Civil Trial
A civil trial in Iowa was postponed due to a lawyer’s comments on Facebook. Check out this post to learn how you can avoid making the same mistake.
- 07.20.2015Social Media Primer for New Lawyers
Learn how you can use social media to enhance your career with this primer on techniques and tips.
- 06.29.2015Promoting Yourself by Promoting Others' Work
Check out this article for a counter-intuitive method for growing your network and promoting your own work.
- 06.16.2015Staying Relevant in Cyberspace
Clients often "meet" their attorneys over the Internet. Make sure your online profile is up-to-date with these easy tips.
- 06.02.2015Make the Most of Your Morning Coffee by Maximizing Networking Potential
Check out this post for 10 tips for getting referrals from the coffee shop.
- 05.18.2015Resting Up Can Improve Your Relationships
To be effective advocates for your clients, it is vital to get necessary and sufficient sleep. Check out this post for tips on improving your sleep habits, and therefore improving your career and relationships with others.
- 05.06.2015Do You Hate Networking? Then Call it ‘Friend Making’
In this post, IndyBar President John C. Trimble shares his thoughts on making social connections in the legal profession.
- 04.24.2015Event Networking Tips for Legal Professionals
Warmer weather brings many networking opportunities in the legal field. Check out this post to brush up on some quick tips!
- 04.08.2015Message from the Chair: The Latest Section Updates
Check out this post for the latest section updates and upcoming events straight from section chair Joseph Hankins of Hahn Loeser & Parks LLC.
- 03.31.2015Speed Networking was a Success!
Check out this post for a recap of Speed Networking with the Indy Attorneys Network Section on Thursday, March 26, including photos from the event!
- 03.23.2015Speed Networking is Coming Up!
Don't miss your chance to network in an entirely new setting with the Indy Attorneys Network Section on Thursday, March 26.
- 03.11.2015Social Media Connections: Ethical Rules to Consider
Judges and lawyers want to expand their social network, but what ethical rules must they be aware of when connecting with each other online? Find out in this post.
- 02.26.2015More Than a Meal: How to Ace Your Networking Lunch
Check out this post for advice on how to nail your next networking event, particularly if it's a networking lunch.
- 02.12.2015From Casual to Concrete: Going Beyond the Initial Connection
When networking, taking the step from a casual acquaintance to a solid business contact can be hard to do. Check out this post for advice on how to make your next networking event count.
- 02.04.2015A Legal Spin on the Super Bowl Ads
Take advantage of pop culture at your next networking event by putting a legal spin on this year's Super Bowl ads while getting to know other legal professionals.
- 01.29.2015Facebook vs. LinkedIn for Lawyers
Check out this post to read about which social media platforms work best for professionals.
- 01.20.2015First Quarterly Coffee of the Year is Coming Up!
Don't miss the first quarterly coffee meetup for Indy attorneys on Thursday, February 12. Check out this post for more information.
- 12.22.2014Networking is a Two-Way Street
Networking must be reciprocal in order to be successful. Check out this post for tips on how to make sure that happens.
- 12.12.2014Successful Networking Plays a Large Part in the Job Search
Looking for a job? Networking can be key to finding the right position. Check out this post for six tips for successful networking.
- 12.08.2014The Right Way to Use Your Personal Network
Check out this post for tips on ways to use your personal network successfully.
- 12.01.2014Brush Up on Business Networking
Check out this post for tips about successful business networking.
- 11.24.2014Making the Most of Your Holiday Season
December is on the horizon - are you ready to maximize your networking opportunities? Check out this post for tips on how to do just that.
- 11.21.2014'Tis the Season for Networking: Tips to Make This the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
The holiday season presents many opportunities for networking. Don't let them go to waste! Check out this post by Andrea Ciobanu to make the most of the festivities this year.
- 11.17.2014Put Facebook to Work for Your Law Firm
Check out this post to learn why Facebook and social media presence is important for nurturing and growing business relationships and what you can do to improve your pages.
- 11.07.2014What Lawyers Should Know About Correcting a Bad First Impression
First impressions matter, but bad first impressions can happen. Learn how to fix them in this post!
- 10.28.2014What Lawyers Should Know About Email Correspondence
How should lawyers balance the demands of emails with other tasks? This post by Andrea Ciobanu points attorneys toward tips to help do just that.
- 10.07.2014Online and In Person: What Attorneys Need to Know About Networking
Andrea Ciobanu shares a post with tips for attorneys when networking online and in person. The article also includes tips for how to keep up your connections in the long run.
- 10.07.2014Answering Emails Effectively: An Attorney's Guide
In this post by Andrea Ciobanu, find out how to manage nonstop incoming emails while maintaining your professionalism and communicating efficiently and effectively.
- 09.24.2014Second Annual Day of Service a Success
The IndyBar Networking Section members volunteered their time for the second Annual Day of Service on September 20. Find out more about what they did in this post by Andrea Ciobanu.
- 09.02.2014The Ethics of Paying Referral Fees
When can you pay referral fees and what are the rules? This article helps break it down.
- 08.25.2014IndyBar Handlebar Social a Success
On August 19, IndyBar members socialized and toured downtown bars while riding the Handlebar, which made for a fun and unforgettable evening.
- 08.18.2014Networking Know-How: What Not to Do
There are plenty of chances to network with the IndyBar this fall, but first, check out this article to make sure you know what NOT to do when meeting new people.