Indy Attorneys Network Section
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 11.16.2015Breakfast with the Bar Recap: Networking
On the morning of Friday, November 6, a group of law students met with attorneys to have an informal, frank discussion about effective techniques for networking as a lawyer.
- 11.05.2015Networking for Millennials
Millennial or not, understanding the new ways of networking is important. Find out how the newest working generation is networking here.
- 10.21.2015LinkedIn Settles Case Involving "Add Connection" Feature
LinkedIn settled a case stemming from complaints that the "Add Connections" feature violated right-of-publicity and unfair-competition laws.
- 10.13.2015Don't Let Shyness Stop You From Successful Networking
Are you shy? Don’t let that stop you from meeting people and networking! Check out this post for tips to overcome your shyness and have success networking.
- 09.23.2015Joint Networking Opportunity Coming Up
The Indy Attorneys Network Section is teaming up with the Sports & Entertainment Law Section for a joint networking event on Tuesday, October 6. Read more here.
- 09.16.2015Why You Need to be at the Networking CLE Series
The Indy Attorneys Network Section will be putting on a three-part presentation series that will provide you with the tools and knowledge needed to achieve your networking goals. The first session is coming up on September 24. More info here.
- 09.08.2015Networking Burnout: Get a Boost Before the Holiday Season Hits
Check out this post for tips on reinvigorating your networking efforts after the summer slam and before the holiday season of social events.
- 08.24.2015Mentor Relationships: A Different Kind of Networking
Check out this post for guidelines for a good mentor relationship and how you can give back to the legal community by doing so.
- 08.11.2015Similar Speech Patterns Promote Connections in Networking
Mirroring someone's speech patterns is a helpful tool for connecting while networking. Check out this post to find out why.
- 07.30.2015Social Media Post Delays Civil Trial
A civil trial in Iowa was postponed due to a lawyer’s comments on Facebook. Check out this post to learn how you can avoid making the same mistake.
- 07.20.2015Social Media Primer for New Lawyers
Learn how you can use social media to enhance your career with this primer on techniques and tips.
- 06.29.2015Promoting Yourself by Promoting Others' Work
Check out this article for a counter-intuitive method for growing your network and promoting your own work.
- 06.16.2015Staying Relevant in Cyberspace
Clients often "meet" their attorneys over the Internet. Make sure your online profile is up-to-date with these easy tips.
- 06.02.2015Make the Most of Your Morning Coffee by Maximizing Networking Potential
Check out this post for 10 tips for getting referrals from the coffee shop.
- 05.18.2015Resting Up Can Improve Your Relationships
To be effective advocates for your clients, it is vital to get necessary and sufficient sleep. Check out this post for tips on improving your sleep habits, and therefore improving your career and relationships with others.
- 05.06.2015Do You Hate Networking? Then Call it ‘Friend Making’
In this post, IndyBar President John C. Trimble shares his thoughts on making social connections in the legal profession.
- 04.24.2015Event Networking Tips for Legal Professionals
Warmer weather brings many networking opportunities in the legal field. Check out this post to brush up on some quick tips!
- 04.08.2015Message from the Chair: The Latest Section Updates
Check out this post for the latest section updates and upcoming events straight from section chair Joseph Hankins of Hahn Loeser & Parks LLC.
- 03.31.2015Speed Networking was a Success!
Check out this post for a recap of Speed Networking with the Indy Attorneys Network Section on Thursday, March 26, including photos from the event!
- 03.23.2015Speed Networking is Coming Up!
Don't miss your chance to network in an entirely new setting with the Indy Attorneys Network Section on Thursday, March 26.
- 03.11.2015Social Media Connections: Ethical Rules to Consider
Judges and lawyers want to expand their social network, but what ethical rules must they be aware of when connecting with each other online? Find out in this post.
- 02.26.2015More Than a Meal: How to Ace Your Networking Lunch
Check out this post for advice on how to nail your next networking event, particularly if it's a networking lunch.
- 02.12.2015From Casual to Concrete: Going Beyond the Initial Connection
When networking, taking the step from a casual acquaintance to a solid business contact can be hard to do. Check out this post for advice on how to make your next networking event count.
- 02.04.2015A Legal Spin on the Super Bowl Ads
Take advantage of pop culture at your next networking event by putting a legal spin on this year's Super Bowl ads while getting to know other legal professionals.
- 01.29.2015Facebook vs. LinkedIn for Lawyers
Check out this post to read about which social media platforms work best for professionals.
- 01.20.2015First Quarterly Coffee of the Year is Coming Up!
Don't miss the first quarterly coffee meetup for Indy attorneys on Thursday, February 12. Check out this post for more information.
- 12.22.2014Networking is a Two-Way Street
Networking must be reciprocal in order to be successful. Check out this post for tips on how to make sure that happens.
- 12.12.2014Successful Networking Plays a Large Part in the Job Search
Looking for a job? Networking can be key to finding the right position. Check out this post for six tips for successful networking.
- 12.08.2014The Right Way to Use Your Personal Network
Check out this post for tips on ways to use your personal network successfully.
- 12.01.2014Brush Up on Business Networking
Check out this post for tips about successful business networking.