Indy Attorneys Network
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 02.08.2016Tips for Building a Mighty Network
Check out this article for a lifetime of firsthand experience and advice for when it comes to building a network of quality.
- 01.25.2016Key Differences of Millennial Networking
The networking style of Millennials is much different than that of previous generations, according to this article.
- 01.11.2016How to Take Your Networking Contacts to the Next Level
A common resolution for many is to build a professional network, but more contacts might not be better if you don't form real, lasting connections with them.
- 12.14.20155 Ways to Grow Your Business
Making sure you have these five things will allow you to grow your business through networking.
- 12.02.2015Fresh Ideas for Networking, Lunch Not Included
Meeting for lunch is not always the best option for networking for a variety of reasons. Read this post for helpful alternative options for successful networking.
- 11.16.2015Breakfast with the Bar Recap: Networking
On the morning of Friday, November 6, a group of law students met with attorneys to have an informal, frank discussion about effective techniques for networking as a lawyer.
- 11.05.2015Networking for Millennials
Millennial or not, understanding the new ways of networking is important. Find out how the newest working generation is networking here.
- 10.21.2015LinkedIn Settles Case Involving "Add Connection" Feature
LinkedIn settled a case stemming from complaints that the "Add Connections" feature violated right-of-publicity and unfair-competition laws.
- 10.13.2015Don't Let Shyness Stop You From Successful Networking
Are you shy? Don’t let that stop you from meeting people and networking! Check out this post for tips to overcome your shyness and have success networking.
- 09.23.2015Joint Networking Opportunity Coming Up
The Indy Attorneys Network Section is teaming up with the Sports & Entertainment Law Section for a joint networking event on Tuesday, October 6. Read more here.
- 09.16.2015Why You Need to be at the Networking CLE Series
The Indy Attorneys Network Section will be putting on a three-part presentation series that will provide you with the tools and knowledge needed to achieve your networking goals. The first session is coming up on September 24. More info here.
- 09.08.2015Networking Burnout: Get a Boost Before the Holiday Season Hits
Check out this post for tips on reinvigorating your networking efforts after the summer slam and before the holiday season of social events.
- 08.24.2015Mentor Relationships: A Different Kind of Networking
Check out this post for guidelines for a good mentor relationship and how you can give back to the legal community by doing so.
- 08.11.2015Similar Speech Patterns Promote Connections in Networking
Mirroring someone's speech patterns is a helpful tool for connecting while networking. Check out this post to find out why.
- 07.30.2015Social Media Post Delays Civil Trial
A civil trial in Iowa was postponed due to a lawyer’s comments on Facebook. Check out this post to learn how you can avoid making the same mistake.
- 07.20.2015Social Media Primer for New Lawyers
Learn how you can use social media to enhance your career with this primer on techniques and tips.
- 06.29.2015Promoting Yourself by Promoting Others' Work
Check out this article for a counter-intuitive method for growing your network and promoting your own work.
- 06.16.2015Staying Relevant in Cyberspace
Clients often "meet" their attorneys over the Internet. Make sure your online profile is up-to-date with these easy tips.
- 06.02.2015Make the Most of Your Morning Coffee by Maximizing Networking Potential
Check out this post for 10 tips for getting referrals from the coffee shop.
- 05.18.2015Resting Up Can Improve Your Relationships
To be effective advocates for your clients, it is vital to get necessary and sufficient sleep. Check out this post for tips on improving your sleep habits, and therefore improving your career and relationships with others.
- 05.06.2015Do You Hate Networking? Then Call it ‘Friend Making’
In this post, IndyBar President John C. Trimble shares his thoughts on making social connections in the legal profession.
- 04.24.2015Event Networking Tips for Legal Professionals
Warmer weather brings many networking opportunities in the legal field. Check out this post to brush up on some quick tips!
- 04.08.2015Message from the Chair: The Latest Section Updates
Check out this post for the latest section updates and upcoming events straight from section chair Joseph Hankins of Hahn Loeser & Parks LLC.
- 03.31.2015Speed Networking was a Success!
Check out this post for a recap of Speed Networking with the Indy Attorneys Network Section on Thursday, March 26, including photos from the event!
- 03.23.2015Speed Networking is Coming Up!
Don't miss your chance to network in an entirely new setting with the Indy Attorneys Network Section on Thursday, March 26.
- 03.11.2015Social Media Connections: Ethical Rules to Consider
Judges and lawyers want to expand their social network, but what ethical rules must they be aware of when connecting with each other online? Find out in this post.
- 02.26.2015More Than a Meal: How to Ace Your Networking Lunch
Check out this post for advice on how to nail your next networking event, particularly if it's a networking lunch.
- 02.12.2015From Casual to Concrete: Going Beyond the Initial Connection
When networking, taking the step from a casual acquaintance to a solid business contact can be hard to do. Check out this post for advice on how to make your next networking event count.