Appellate Practice Section
Get the news you want the way you want it: click the RSS button in the right corner to add this feed to your RSS reader, or click here to subscribe to this content. By subscribing, you’ll find this news on your Member Account page, and the latest articles will be emailed to you in your customized IndyBar E-Bulletin e-newsletter.
- 04.15.2014A Proposal to Allow Citations of All Indiana Appellate Opinions
Appellate Rule 65 currently prohibits lawyers from citing or relying on the nearly 75% of Indiana Court of Appeals’ opinions issued as memorandum (not-for-publication) decisions.
- 04.09.2014Indiana Court of Appeals Issues Annual Report
The Court of Appeals of Indiana disposed of 3,362 cases and issued 2,058 majority opinions last year, according to the court's 2013 Annual Report.
- 03.24.2014IndyBar Appellate Practice Section Files Amicus Brief
The Indianapolis Bar Association Appellate Practice Section recently submitted an Amicus Brief on an appellate procedural issue of interest to its members and the Indiana appellate bar. Click here to view the brief.
- 03.21.2014"Donning and Doffing More Than His Robe, Judge Posner Tries an Experiment in Chambers"
Judge Posner of the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals undergoes a unique experiment in Mitchell v. JCG Industries.
- 01.30.2014Appellate Practice Rules that Took Effect January 1, 2014
Remember to comply with the amendments to the appellate rules that went into effect January 1.
- 01.29.2014Indiana Court of Appeals Decisions for January 29
The Indiana Court of Appeals issued two for publication opinions and 20 NFP opinions on Wednesday, January 29.
- 12.18.2013IndyBar Board Approves Rule Change Proposal
The Indianapolis Bar Association Board of Directors approved a proposed rule amendment generated by the bar’s Appellate Practice Section at its Dec. 4 meeting.
- 12.17.2013Grace Period for Indiana Appellate Rule 9(A) Ending Soon
Starting January 1, 2014, Notices of Appeal may only be filed with the Clerk of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, and Tax Court.