Online Course Catalog
A Survival Guide to Juvenile Court
Continuing Legal Education
Whether you are newly graduated or a seasoned veteran, whether it's your first time (or your last!), this seminar will discuss issues surrounding the intersection of custody cases and Juvenile CHINS and TPR Cases. Attend and learn how to ensure that your client is ethically represented.
Covered topics include:
• pre and post-filing procedure when you represent one of the affected parties
• who can intervene and how and when it should be done
• what will happen when the CHINS case is closing
Important topics concerning ethics will focus on:
• case timelines
• statutory and case law
• knowing the procedure to ensure your client is adequately represented
• the treacherous ground where criminal and CHINS cases crossover
• necessary advisements
• communication with court personnel, guardians ad litem and the DCS
Attorneys in Indiana can currently receive up to six hours of credit per three year educational period through approved distance education activities. If you attended the live version of the program you cannot receive credit for viewing the program again online.
Please NOTE: Plus CLE members who select the free (no credit) registration option will not receive credit for viewing this program. If you wish to receive credit, please select the "Member" registration option.
- Event Code
- Credit Hours
- 1.00 CLE (General), 1.00 Ethics
- Mr. Michael P. Commons, Court Mediator, Marion Superior Court, Juvenile Division
- April 18, 2011