Land Use 101: A Practitioner's Guide to Zoning and Land Use Basics
Continuing Legal Education
October 29, 2013 Tuesday 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Land use and zoning have an impact on many aspects of real estate and business transactions, environmental matters and bankruptcy-creditors’ rights proceedings. This seminar is designed to provide an overview of the basics of land use for attorneys who do not routinely practice in this area.
Topics will include:
- Zoning/Land Use Boards and Commissions – who does what
- Preparing a land use petition and working with staff
- Making a record
- Representing Petitioners or Remonstrators
Lunch will not be provided but attendees are welcome to bring brownbag lunches.
- Event Code
- IndyBar Education Center, 135 N. Pennsylvania, Suite 1500
- Credit Hours
- 1.00 (General)
- Real Estate and Land Use Section
- Mr. Russell L. Brown, Clark Quinn Moses Scott & Grahn LLP; Mr. Joseph D. Calderon, Bose McKinney & Evans LLP; Ms. Marci A. Reddick, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
Registration for this event is now closed.