Business Law Skills Series: Escrows within Deal Situations--What Attorneys Should Know
Continuing Legal Education
January 16, 2013 Wednesday 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Don't miss this session, which will address what attorneys should know when dealing with escrows within deal situations, including:
- Financial Institution Know-Your-Customer (KYC) due diligence requirements (Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act requirements, etc.): what to expect and why it is required.
- Various escrow situations and functions of an escrow agent that can arise in a transactional practice.
- Expectations of an escrow agent (both as to the process of opening an account and terms of the escrow contract).
- Suggested planning considerations from an agent's perspective (e.g., tax reporting language, investment selection and deadlines, advising clients on planning transfer of funds).
- Common hiccups to avoid to keep the client's underlying deal on track.
- Escrow trends in the M&A context (e.g. volume of deals, size and duration of holdback escrows, claims activity).
Want to register for a full year of CLE credit AND save $100? Click here to access registration for the full 2013 Business Law Skills Series!
Lunch is included with this program.
- Event Code
- BMO Harris Bank Plaza Conference Center, 135 N. Pennsylvania, Second Floor
- Credit Hours
- 1.00 (General)
- Business Law Section
Registration for this event is now closed.