What Family Law Attorneys Need to Know About Representing Same Sex Couples in Indiana
Continuing Legal Education
September 22, 2014 Monday 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Jim Reed and Kate Burroughs will discuss practical considerations when representing same sex couples in Indiana in the context of custody cases, adoptions, estate planning and the dissolution of same sex relationships.
As Indiana does not yet acknowledge same-sex marriage, the two speakers will also discuss the traditional legal and equitable claims that Indiana recognizes in cohabitations, and other situations involving unmarried persons in a relationship.
They will also discuss cohabitation agreements that can be entered into during the relationship in order to address and determine such claims in advance of a termination of the relationship.
Documents and forms provided include:
• sample cohabitation agreement with various clause options
• basic estate planning
• healthcare representative
• powers of attorney
• petition for same sex couple who is separating
- Event Code
- IndyBar Education Center, 135 N. Pennsylvania St, Suite 1500
- Credit Hours
- 1.00 (General)
- Family Law Section
- Ms. Kathryn H. Burroughs, Cross Pennamped Woolsey & Glazier PC; Mr. James A. Reed, Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP
Registration for this event is now closed.