Case Management Strategies: Run Your First Case Without Tripping Over Your Feet
Continuing Legal Education
August 26, 2014 Tuesday 12:00pm - 1:00pm
One of the most important, and least discussed aspects of preparing a case for trial, is the organization and presentation of a case to a judge or jury. This seminar will focus on tactics to help you prepare and present your first case effectively.
Topics will include:
- Organizational systems for file management, discovery, and trial
- Useful technology to assist in preparing and presenting your case
- Best practices for effective brief writing and oral argument
Even if the facts and law are on your side, poor presentation can result in a bad decision at trial. This seminar is designed to help young litigators avoid the pitfalls of insufficient organization.
Please note: lunch is not included with this seminar. Brown bag lunches are welcome. Carryout is also available from the Labor District Cafe on the second floor of our building. Online ordering is available here.
- Event Code
- IndyBar Education Center, 135 N Pennsylvania St, Suite 1500
- Credit Hours
- 1.00 (General)
- Young Lawyers Division
- Hon. Heather Ann Welch, Marion Superior Court; Ms. Michele Lorbieski Anderson, Frost Brown Todd LLC; Ms. Kellie M. Barr, United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Registration for this event is now closed.