The Ethics of Dealing with Insurance Companies
Continuing Legal Education
August 27, 2014 Wednesday 12:00pm - 1:00pm
This seminar will discuss common ethical issues that arise when defending insured (or potentially insured) claims.
A variety of topics will be covered, including:
• ethical and practical considerations in managing the relationship with insurers
• distinguishing the duties of coverage counsel and defense counsel
• reservations of rights, the right to control the defense and the right to independent counsel
• settlement and strategy disagreements
• identifying the client and attorney-client privilege issues
Civil litigators, policyholders' counsel, coordinating/monitoring counsel and in-house counsel should attend.
Please note: lunch is not included with this seminar. Brown bag lunches are welcome. Carryout is also available from the Labor District Cafe on the second floor of our building. Online ordering is available here.
- Event Code
- IndyBar Education Center, 135 N. Pennsylvania, Suite 1500
- Credit Hours
- 1.00 (1.00 Ethics)
- Mr. Stephen J. Peters, Harrison & Moberly LLP; Mr. Nicholas B. Reuhs, Ice Miller LLP
Registration for this event is now closed.