What Every Criminal Defense Attorney Needs to Know about Immigration Law
Continuing Legal Education
March 17, 2014 Monday 12:00pm - 1:00pm
This seminar will cover the crucial concepts of immigration law that every criminal defense attorney needs to know, including:
- how to meet the client warning requirements set forth in Padilla vs. Kentucky
- how criminal activity is classified and penalized in the immigration system
- techniques criminal defense attorneys can use to reduce the potential immigration impact of their clients’ criminal activity
- what criminal court procedures are the most often sought by immigration attorneys who refer clients to criminal defense attorneys
Any attorney who represents non-citizen criminal defendants in state or federal court or hopes to do so in the future should attend this seminar. A solid understanding of these core immigration concepts will not only make sure that criminal defense lawyers meet their SCOTUS-mandated obligations to their clients, but it can also help them build their practice.
Please note: lunch is not included with this seminar. Brown bag lunches are welcome. Carryout is also available from the Labor District Cafe on the second floor of our building. Online ordering is available here. Use coupon code INDYBAR10 to receive 10% off any pre-order carry-out purchase.
- Event Code
- IndyBar Education Center, 135 N. Pennsylvania St., Suite 1500
- Credit Hours
- 1.00 (General)
- Criminal Justice Section
- Ms. Clare Elizabeth Corado, Attorney at Law
Registration for this event is now closed.