Obamacare in the Workplace: Advising Employers on the Perils & Opportunities of the PPACA
Continuing Legal Education
May 14, 2013 Tuesday 12:00pm - 1:30pm
Perhaps the most significant new law affecting employment relationships since the implementation of ERISA nearly 40 years ago, join us for a discussion to learn what you need to know about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), including:
- What is the individual mandate and why should I care?
- What is an Exchange?
- Is my client’s business a “large employer” as defined by the law?
- What are the so called “Pay” or “Play” penalties?
- What are some strategies to minimize or avoid these penalties?
And much more…
PPACA has broad-ranging implications for employers of all sizes. If you advise an entity or individual who has employees, a general understanding of PPACA is essential.
Lunch is included with this program.
- Event Code
- IndyBar Education Center, 135 N. Pennsylvania, Suite 1500
- Credit Hours
- 1.50 (General)
- Tax Section
- Howard M. Cox, Somerset CPAs PC
Registration for this event is now closed.