Entering Uncharted Territory: Healthcare Reform, the Health Ins. Exch. & What Employers Need to Know
Continuing Legal Education
April 24, 2013 Wednesday 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Over the coming months and years, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will dramatically change how healthcare is delivered and paid for in this country. The new law raises many questions for employers, employees, healthcare providers and insurers, among others. This seminar will provide a high-level overview of the new law with an emphasis on provisions that will affect employers and their employees.
Topics to be addressed include the employer "play or pay" rules, the mechanics of the individual mandate and an overview of health insurance exchanges. Our speaker will also address important questions such as:
- What options are available to employers under a "play or pay" system?
- How will exchange subsidies be determined and how will this affect benefit programs and costs?
- What are the timelines for implementation and compliance?
Lunch will be provided.
- Event Code
- IndyBar Education Center, 135 N. Pennsylvania, Suite 1500
- Credit Hours
- 1.00 (General)
- Health Care Section and Labor & Employment Section
- Mr. Calvin R. Chambers, Hall Render Killian Heath & Lyman PC
Registration for this event is now closed.