Core Skills Training
Continuing Legal Education
April 19, 2013 Friday 1:00pm - 4:00pm
The Attorney Apprentice Program is designed to provide substantive knowledge and practical experience to new and less experienced attorneys. Designed to bridge the “knowing-doing gap” often experienced by new practitioners, the program includes practice and role play to accelerate the learning curve and personal growth of participants.
The Attorney Apprentice Program features a core curriculum aimed at developing attorney business and marketing skills by covering the following topics:
- Practice Management and Efficiencies: Learn the ins and outs of working in a legal practice, regardless of the size of your firm. This panel will address such issues as understanding your role within the firm, prioritization of work among attorneys, effective use of an assistant, time management, and communications between the attorney and his or her clients, colleagues, and opposing counsel.
- Face-to-Face Networking Skills in a Facebook World: Focus Yourself, Focus Your Skills, Focus on Your Partner. Develop effective networking and communication skills to market yourself to prospective clients and referral sources. Participants will participate in a mock networking event.
- Indiana Trial Rules and Procedures: Learn the basics of Indiana Trial Rules and Procedures including appearance forms, types of motions, where to file, local rules of court and more.
- Event Code
- IndyBar Education Center, 135 N. Pennsylvania, Suite 1500
- Credit Hours
- 1.00 (1 General Credit, 2 Non-Legal Subject Matter Credits)
- IndyBar Lawyers Helping Lawyers Task Force
- Stephanie Cassman, Lewis Wagner LLP; Casey Cloyd, Attorney at Law; Elisabeth Edwards, Wanzer Edwards PC; Len Mozzi, Dramatic Difference; Colleen Powers, Hall Render Killian Heath & Lyman PC;
Registration for this event is now closed.