Estate Planning 101
Continuing Legal Education
March 6, 2013 Wednesday 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Learn the basics of developing a good estate plan for clients including disability and death planning. Participants will be walked through sample estate planning forms and provisions including intake forms, wills, powers of attorney, and health care documents. This session will include a mock client interview and forms drafting.
If you have interest in this session, it is part 2 of a series of Transactional Practice offerings from our Attorney Apprenticeship Program which includes:
- Contract Drafting (March 22, 1 to 4 p.m.): Contracts are the foundation of a transactional practice. Participants will learn the core components of a contract through review of a business purchase agreement and participate in a contract negotiation session. (IBA353)
- Real Estate Transactions (April 12, 1 to 4 p.m.): This program will feature an in-depth look at the key documents in a real estate transaction from purchase agreement to settlement statement. (IBA455)
The Attorney Apprentice Program is designed to provide substantive knowledge and practical experience to new and less experienced attorneys. Designed to bridge the “knowing-doing gap” often experienced by new practitioners, the program includes practice and role play to accelerate the learning curve and personal growth of participants.
The Attorney Apprentice Program features a core curriculum aimed at developing attorney business and marketing skills. The core curriculum will be presented on Friday, April 19, 1 to 4 p.m. (IBA456)
You can register separately for each session.
- Event Code
- IndyBar Education Center, 135 N. Pennsylvania, Suite 1500
- Credit Hours
- 3.00 (3 General Credits)
- IndyBar Lawyers Helping Lawyers Task Force
- Rebecca Geyer, Drewry Simmons Vornehm LLP
Registration for this event is now closed.